The Fung Scholars Programme
The Fung Scholars Programme nurtures future world leaders through supporting university students to experience different cultures and environments early in their careers. The recipients of the Fung Scholarships are known as Fung Scholars (or Fung Fellows for the post-graduates) and they are chosen on the basis of their academic excellence and leadership potential.
As of July 2018, the Fung Scholars Programme was established in 31 universities worldwide with more than 5,400 Fung Scholars.
To maintain and energise the network of Fung Scholars and Fung Fellows, the Foundation organises an annual Leadership Conference as well as other activities.
See highlights from our annual Leadership Conferences:
- 2017 | Hangzhou – Innovation
- 2016 | Hong Kong – Sustainability
- 2015 | Singapore – Leadership in the Service Era
- 2014 | Hong Kong – The Miracle of Asia: What are the implications for Young Leaders?
- 2013 | Shanghai – The Big Shift: How We Learn, Work, and Innovate in a Digital World
- 2012 | Hong Kong – Leading and Managing Change: The Role of a Young Leader
- 2011 | U.S.A – How Real is the East and West Divide in Leadership? Asian Perspectives on Leadership Development
- 2010 | Hong Kong – Changing Leadership: The Role of Young Leaders in the Contest of Globalisation
- 2009 | China – Entrepreneurs – Our Hope for Economic Recovery. True?
- 2008 | Hong Kong – Facing Challenges in the Age of Turbulence
Visit the Fung Scholars and Fellows website to learn more.